Today was my last radiation for cancer # 3!!
Thanks to all here who gave me encouragement with this latest developement.
It has been a little over 5 years since I decided to have all the age appropriate examinations which started me on this adventurous medical road trip. I am thankful for my mother who by with her deep faith demonstrated that good health is really not necessary for a good life. I am grateful to all the alert and caring medical professionals I have encountered.
Now I have to decide what to do about reconstruction of my jaw. I have met with the plastic surgeon who would be doing the fibula free flap procedure and have a prostodontist who would be part of the team(I have not seen him yet). We originally thought to do it this summer but as the saying goes "man plans and G-d laughs." I am tired of scheduling my life around medical appointments and think I will not do anything until after the 1st of next year. My husband doesn't even want me to consider surgery.
Maybe I should retire to a shady spot on "the Island" for awhile. My brain and my body need a vacation.

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF