Kate,

First, congratulations on the clear scan, it's always such a good feeling for any of us!

Why are you leaving this board? This board is a two way street, we give AND we take from it. We come as new, scared patients and we take from the board what we need to help us through. Then it becomes our turn to help, to be the givers. I'm not saying anyone needs to post everyday and all of us need a holiday at times............but you make it sound as if you will not be back. I question that. With everything I've been through, I will never leave this board nor will I ever stop giving back to it because it GAVE so much to me and continues to do so. Please re-think and stay with us.

Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.