It's been a while since I posted - just a review - I am 4 years out from Head/Neck cancer and was doing well. Diagnosed in Sept with a radiation-induced soft tissue sarcoma. 2 surgeries later and now going through chemo again. I am getting 3 cycles of 3-day chemo consisting of Adriamycin and Ifosfimide. Just finished the 2nd cycle this past Thursday and am dealing with the taste issues. Nothing tastes even remotely what it did before chemo - bear in mind, my taste is messed up already from the head/neck treatment 4 years ago. My mouth is slimy and I am so thirsty - like many others here, I live by the water bottle. Right now, the water is nasty - everything I have tried is nasty. Does anybody have any ideas or tricks they found in combatting this issue while going through chemo? Of course, I am forcing the water down because there is no choice - gotta have the hydration - but I sure would like something to taste somewhat bearable. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated-food doesn't seem to be as big an issue as liquid. I am keeping up with eating pretty well and the food tastes aren't as messed up. Thanks a lot guys

Pam

SCC Base of Tongue Stage IV- 2/04 - 40 Rads 1/2 conventional, 1/2 IMRT; 3 chemo treatments consisting of Carboplatin/Taxol/5-FU; Right Radical Neck Dissection
7/04; scans and pathology clear