Hi Pam,

First thing, of course it's ok to stay on here and talk about sarcoma..........just because it's a different type of cancer, it's still head and neck cancer isn't it?

I'm glad to hear your doc say that at least it's more favorable to have it be a different type of cancer?? That seems to be a positive amidst all the negatives....and we need to dig for those at times.

As far as your school goes, have you talked to them about satellite courses, do they have them? Our local college here does, where the classroom can be viewed in our own living rooms via a camera in the classroom itself. Your able to be "in" class but not really there. I have a few friends that have taken advantage of this when they had babies. Ask about it, if they don't have it, maybe you can forge the way for something new at your school. At the very least, make certain they mark you as withdrawing rather than failing so that it won't affect your GPA or your financial aid if you receive any. I learned this early on with my older girls and their colleges.

I hope that you get good news on the 9th, I'll be at Hopkins but will be sending positive thoughts your way!
Take care,
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.