Allan - Another thing that needs to be considered and watched carefully if you have had head and neck radiation, is the condition of your carotid arteries. I was athletic and ate right before my diagnosis and like most of you I am big now on wet things like fruits and veggies and mostly healthy low fat foods. All this means that I have pretty clean arteries free of plaque and calculus and still flexible. My lipid panels are great and my blood pressure is normal. BUT.... the radiation treatments created scar tissue in my carotids. They are 55-65% occluded from scar tissue not the usually fatty deposits that people get when they have other blood lipid issues usually from poor diets and more.

This really started getting worse about year 4 years out of treatment. I too have occasional vertigo, and lightheadedness when I change from a supine position to a sitting or standing position. My ticker is working fine, (had plenty of stress tests and esophageal ultrasounds etc. looking for any issues, and as far as that piece of me goes, I

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.