Allan, I guess this is good news and bad news but yes, you are still on track. Three weeks out of rad is when you start to feel better but it isn't dramatically better (at least in my experience, some people get lucky and recover much faster). So the fact that one day you are sick and the next not IS better. Two weeks from now you will probably notice somem other small improvement. Recovery from this can be very very slow.

What are you using to help with the mouth pain (I had really bad mouth pain for months after treatment and I still have chronic mouth pain and sensitivity but it's managable and no longer feels like my mouth is filled with battery acid)? If you don't have pain meds that make that managable, go back to your doc and see if you can get soemthing stronger. Are you rinsing with some kind of mouthwash that can help with the mucositis?

As for the PEG, this is why people get them for when you get to a point like this. But if you can, try to swallow a little something every day, even if it hurts, to keep your swallowing muscles working.

Hang in there!

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"