Eileen,
When you ask for the srcipt for the suction machine, I would ask the portable. This is one you can take on trips, plugs into cigarrette lighter if need be, and doesn't take an entire end table to house. So he can put it in the house where ever he is seated and use it as needed.

I also have a good PT about 20 minutes down 206 from dentist that may be able to help with slaiva issues. If interested, email me. If I remember correctly, you said he had a good PT. Does he still have all his saliva glands? I know doc, says to not sleep with teeth in, but I find if a wake up at 5am with thick saliva, if I brush and then rinse aadn put in dentures, I get more saliva.

You must get thruch under control or you I don't think you will get rid of mucous. I had to go on steroids for a month to get rid of mine after radiation. Diflucan etc didn't do it. I was also told to avoid drinking and eating anything white, ie carbs that turn into sugar. Myabe if you can get thrush cleared, the mucous will go down. email it you want PTs name.

Take care,
Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I