Anabel - like Gray has said, and I just want to reiterate, fistulas don't just spontaneously appear without a causative reason. The body needs to get rid of something and creates an opening to do so...this is usually the dead cells and decaying matter from some sort of infectious process and healing. One of your earlier posts caught my attention when you said that they tested the exudates from the fistula and decided it wasn't an infection, and then "they prescribed antibiotics." Bottom line antibiotics are prescribed for infections etc. not because there is no evidence of anything. If they are prophylactically giving antibiotics, this leads me to question if they have a clue what they are doing or have any idea what they might be treating. Antibiotic types are gram positive or gram negative or broad spectrum based on what you are trying to treat. Just putting someone on a broad-spectrum antibiotic without knowing exactly what you are treating does not instill confidence in me.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.