That's interesting he has the most problems with thick liquids, which I can do pretty well, but can eat a cracker, which I can't imagine doing. It seems like what shows up on these exams is a little different for each person. For example, although I didn't get to the cracker (or even the slice of pressed turkey with barium and mayo), the doc said there was no evidence I was a silent aspirator. When little bits of stuff went the wrong way I would either swallow again or clear my throat or cough--and that was the good news.

The bad news is my epiglottis really doesn't move right and I have serious problems with anything involving solid food still.

I'm curious what the exercises were that Barry was given.

Anyway, I'm glad (and not surprised) that he is a 9.5 of 10 overall. He certainly is doing worlds better than I was when I was five weeks out of treatment. And I'm sure he owes a lot of that to you. You've been a really diligent caretaker in all this!

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"