Hello all, sorry I haven't been around much lately.

I am now almost two months out from my last radiation treatment/chemo treatment. My neck on the opposite side of where the original tumor was has been feeling pretty tender ever since I stopped radiation. That area did appear to get radiation, so I'm wondering if this is just after effects or something I need to be concerned about.

My chemo doc said a month ago or so that he thought pain from metastic cancer to the neck was rare. But this tender feeling is what tipped me off that something might be wrong before. I can't really feel a lump or anything, but it does feel swollen in the that whole area (maybe from lymphedema?). I remember feeling this pain somewhat even when I began this second round of radiation in July-August. My doctor has never felt anything, and an MRI taken in mid-September didn't show anything suspicious anywhere in my head or neck.

I guess this just alarms me because I've been down this road before. I don't know if I have the strength and energy to go a third round with this stupid disease, especially since I feel like my wife and I have started a "new life" together since moving back to North Carolina... Anyone else have a tender neck like this and it turn out to be something/nothing? Could it be scarring from radiation? Pardon me for being in a little panic mode...

Eric

Tongue cancer (SCC), diagnosed Oct. 2003 (T2 N0 M0). Surgery to remove tumor. IMRT Radiation 30x in Dec 2003 - Jan. 2004. Recurrence lymph node - radical neck dissection June 2004. Second round of rad/chemo treatments ended Sept. 2004.