Thank you both for your excellent answers to my questions...I totally agree with your concerns about my friend...I and many other friends of his have put the same points and arguements forward to him to no avail and have reached a point of realizing all we can do is support his choices. I feel that herbal remedies and prayer should agument radiation....but he beat postate cancer several years ago using these methods and is convinced he can overcome oral cancer without medical intervention as well. In the month since being diagnosed he has been praying, fasting and using his herbal medicines, and the tumour does seems to have shrunk. I found and directed him to this site and he has checked out the messages but is frightened by what he reads here and has asked me to pose these questions for him....I will try to convince him to read more of the messages, I found them so inspirational. Right now though he is looking for a discussion group or forum of Christians who have beaten cancer through prayer, fasting and herbal remedies. Are there any out there??? Thank you to everyone....Kathy