Hi Everyone,

I need some advice. My husband Ron is 6 months post radiation tx and doing great (knock on wood). He is covered on my insurance through my work because he is self employed. We currently have Kaiser, and I have to say, I've been very impressed with the care he has been given since being diagnosed. He has a great team of Doctors whom he likes very much. I am in the process of changing jobs and my new employer doesn't offer Kaiser, they offer Blue Cross. I know we can buy Cobra insurance so that he can stay with Kaiser for awhile. My question is, is it wise to switch Doctors now being that he's only 6 months out or does it matter? I know we can get a PPO plan through Blue Cross, so he will be able to chose a good ENT right away. Have any of you had to switch doctors after treatment and did it work out OK? Ron is open to changing doctors, I just want the best for him. Would appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Shelley

Caregiver to husband, Ron. Throat cancer, Stage II. No Chemo or Surgery. Completed 35 Radiation Treatments in November 2004.