donnajean..... As I have said in our personal emails, I believe any thoughts your husband has regarding Vietnam being the cause of his oral cancer should be abandoned. Agent Orange, while a known carcinogen, has a strong history of producing non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. It has no documented record of creating oral cancers. As you know I served in Vietnam the year of the big TET and afterwards, the same time period as your husband. One of my bases there was the same one your husband was at, a scenic little piece of hell on earth known as An Hoa. Agent Orange is a defoliant, and was used throughout Vietnam at various times, but mostly in the south very far from the I Corps near Danang, An Hoa, and the DMZ. An Hoa in particular was in a dust bowl, with jungles on the mountains around it. While we routinely patrolled and humped around in those jungles (code named the Arizona Territory) to keep the VC from getting within rocket range of Danang, the area was never defoliated with chemicals. We didn

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.