Glad your Dad is done now Tracy-Now the healing will begin. Slowly but surely. I can understand the anticipation on the waiting for the scan. My Mom won't get hers for another month or so in the meantime we are just hoping for the best. It is great that he got that many chemos in. Hopefully it got every last cancer cell in his whole body! Keep us posted on his progress. Don't forget the rule of thumb on this board= 1 month of recovery for each week of radiation. I did mention that to my Mom a few times because she thought she was going to snap back overnite. It gets frustrating for them when they do not make the progress as quickly as they expected. So if he starts to get bummed remind him of this rule of thumb.

Shawna-When in Oct. is the scan? Keep us posted on the results. All three of us have parents ending treatment around the same time! I hope that in no time they are all feeling healthy again!

Tami

Tami
Mom has Bot scc stage T1/N1= stage 3 dx 6/27/05 treatment IMRT & chemo (docetaxel, cisplatin, 5FU) ended treatment 8/22/05 Cancer free as of Feb 2006