Eric, I know what you mean. I wake up periodically during the night with the dry mouth. Its why I have a glass of water on the night stand. I just sit up in bed, take three small drinks, swish the water each time where it seems as if it is partially absorbed before I swallow it, then swallow, then lay back down (or prop myself up in a sitting position) and go back to sleep. Don't think there is any cureall, just putting up with the "new normal". Try eating the steak in a plate of tomato sauce (like for spaghetti). This will help it to go down by keeping it moist and the acid in the tomatos also helps to break down the meat as it is sitting on the plate and makes it more tender. Also, try cooking it so it is more rare. This makes it easier to chew and swallow also. Congratulations on working so long. I can only go about 2 to 3 hours in the yard before I wear out. Even in our low 80's high 70's temperatures these days. During the heat of the summer, I could only last an hour or two. So be at peace up in the pacific northwest because you are doing good.

Regards, Kirk Georgia
Stage IV, T1N2aM0, right tonsil primary, Tonsilectomy 11/03, 35 rad/3cisplatin chemo, right neck dissection 1/04 - 5/04.