I agree that it is always the best to consult your doctors with anything that seems out of the ordinary, and you have done the right thing. I do have some objections to part of this, and that related to the antibiotics. The doctor that saw you made an ASSUMPTION that you had a sinus infection, no swab and culture to know for sure, which would have taken a day at the most and identified what type of antibiotics (gram negative or positive) would be the most successful. You are now on a broad-spectrum antibiotic that you may not need, for a condition that just about everyone who goes through treatment ends up with. The blanket prescribing of Rx antibiotics in this country is out of hand, and it is creating patients for whom the existing antibiotics don't work anymore, and new strains of antibiotic resistant bugs. For sure after treatment we all get a variety of bugs that take hold while our immune systems are puny, and I too had my share. These need treatment to resolve, as our immune systems for the first year or so are not up to speed. I do not know for sure whether or not you have an infection which needed antibiotics, but neither does this doctor

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.