The surgery is over, the scar is healing. Within the next two weeks I will have my follow-up with the surgeon, and he will let me know if the margins of my removed tumors were clear, and if the nodes were clear. Last time I talked to him, he said they were clear by microscopic exam, and he assumes they will be clear by followup testing.
Now the question, and what I am asking for here is your opinions as people who have gone through this before me:

If the margins and nodes are clear,should we do radiation anyway?

I know this disease is an agressive one. I also know the pitfalls and side effects of radiation. I can't seem to get a feel for what my next step should be, and the good doctor will let me make my own decision (if we get the all clear from the pathologists). Soooooo, I would like to go into the decision knowing the opinions of you guys who have "been there, done that".

Thanks,
Andrea

SCC L lat tongue,Dx 9/15/05 T1N0MX L MND and L lateral hemiglossectomy 10/03/05. Recurrence 11/15/06 2nd surgery 12/04/06 hemiglossectomy 3rd surgery 01/15/07 tonsillectomy Radiation 01/25/07 to 03/08/07 3-D/CRT X 30