Larry,
At about two weeks after my last rad treatment, I had raw exposed flesh on a 4 inch by 6 inch area of my neck. I had been receiving twice a day rad treatments every other week over a ten week period, a total of approx 7100cGy's. My burns were worse than most of those I was in treatment with, but apparently not unexpected. I found that a combination of silver-sulphadine cream and a"second skin" product called Vigilon helped it to heal rapidly. My burns were probably worsened by my fair skin and by the Iressa (I say this because they had me discontinue the Iressa for 2 weeks while the burns healed). In the program I was in, we had a week off in between the twice a day sessions to heal/recover, so I don't know how a regimen of seven weeks of radiation would affect someone. I'm sure there are others out there who can shed some light on that.

Good Health,

Chuck

SCC Stage IV right tonsil T3N3M0. Dx 08/03. Clinical Trial:8 weeks Taxol, Carboplatin then Hydrea, 5FU, IMRT x's 48, SND, Iressa x 2yrs. Now 20 years out and thriving. Dealing with a Prostate cancer diagnosis now. Add a Bladder cancer diagnosis to all the fun.
It's always something
"Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it."