I am so glad you are going to call today and get an earlier appointment. Do whatever you have to impress them with how important it is: be sweet, tough, yell, scream, cry, whatever. When I was trying to move up my son's appointment with the surgeon (after getting the results of the biopsy) I was so anxious and nervous, I knew I couldn't be very effective on the phone and decided I would get my daughter to call but couldn't reach her so that when my ex-daughter-in-law happened to call me to see how my son was doing, and saw how upset I was, she called the doctor for me and instead of waiting about a week, she got the appointment for the next business day! She had to pretend she was still married to my son, but it worked and I will always be grateful to her. There is always a way to take care of things. Getting a biopsy doesn't take that long. My son's biopsy was performed in the doctor's office. Let us know what happens, ok?

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)