OK, I went to the oral surgeon today. I took the written report from my periodontist to the oral surgeon. First thing, he went right for my mouth and did not look me in the eye and introduce himself to me. That always ticks me off.

He took a look in my mouth and asked me if I sucked on lozenges a lot. I said not much, maybe one or two a day and I was talking about those starlight mints, not lozenges with medicine in them. Him and his nurse laughed and said that was a lot. I said you got to be kidding, I know people who suck on them all day long.

He went in another room and called my Periodontist on the phone & I listened to his side of the conversation. He told the periodontist about my "so-called excessive use of lozenges".

Then he came back in the room and told me to cut out the sucking on lozenges. I got mad and told him that one or two mints a day wasn't a problem and that was just an estimate anyway, many days I don't have any at all. Then I told him how "jerked around" I was feeling since the other doctor told me I might have cancer and then he was telling me it was all because of mints.

Anyway, I let them set me up an appointment in two weeks for another biopsy, but I'm thinking about cancelling the whole thing. At this point, I really do feel "jerked around" by doctors and I feel like just dropping the whole matter. But, what if it is really something serious wrong?