Hi John,

You don't mention if you are experiencing any major decay problems or maybe you are just looking down the road. You have gotten some very good home care advice from 3 members who obviously take their situation seriously. You can never do too much in the way of caring for your teeth.

As Gary points out, the roots of the teeth are more vulnerable to decay than the crowns which are covered with enamel. Roots have no covering that is strong and somewhat decay resistent. Use of flouride trays will be helpful for the roots, as well as the crowns.

Gary, I have a question for you. Were you told that digital x-rays will show plaque on the teeth? I can't imagine that this so, but if you were told this, I would be very interested in doing some research on this.

Karen, I have a question for you. In regard to sour foods, were you told that these foods cause cavities? Again, I would be interested in checking this out.

Cathy, great toothbrush. I use the same one.

I do learn so much from this forum and there is always room for more knowledge. When I read something that I have never been taught or heard of, I feel compelled to "check it out".

Thanks and good luck John with your home care.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"