Hello all. I was diagnosed with left tonsil cancer on 02/02/07. The tumor is approximately 3cm in the tonsil and 2+ cm in the left lymph nodes. Treatment is 39 radiation treatments and 8 weekly chemo treatments. The drugs being administered are docetaxel and bevacizumab. As of today I have had one chemo treatment and 4 radiation treatments. There were no noticable side effects to the chemo. The radiation is starting to turn my skin red and the mouth is starting to dry out. I know that this will only get worse, but I am determined to get throught this at any cost. The radiologist insisted that a PEG be put in which I had initially resisted. Now that it is in and having read many of the postings on this site, I am glad to have it as a back up. I realize that proper nutrion is paramount to help slay the beast.

At this point my wife and I are encouraged. All three doctors, the surgeon, the radiologist, and the oncologist, are optimistic. This optimism carries over to us, in fact the oncologist stated that they are going to cure the cancer, not just put it in remission. Having a college roomate and best friend who is an MD, I am not used to doctors being so positive and not trying to soft pedal everything. After all there are very few guarantees in this world.

SCC lf tonsil. Tx started 03/07/07,39 rads,8 docetaxel & 4 bevacizumab. Re-occured 02/19/08 back of throat. Tx35 rads 8 chemo. Tx started 05/05/08. PEG re-inserted April,2007.