I wish to thank JoAnne for stating something that I should have said in my "passionate" early posts, and that is the part about no two of us being exactly alike and no particular treatment plan being universal. Having stated that myself in so many posts, I know this to be obvious to most of us here, but not necessarily to a newcomer. While she did this diplomatically, I should have worded my original comments to reflect this, and probably came on too strong. Indeed there are posters here that have had treatments in a variety of orders, and have survived it all, most with good quality of life afterwards, though certainly different than their lives before treatment. I must be careful not to let my personal prejudices get in the way of the real message - Get in the hands of a team. I hear too many horror stories from patients who have seen only one doctor, had minimal work ups, and are in the middle of a single individuals opinion of what treatment should be done to them, (usually a very myopic plan) and ending up with something far short of the optimum outcome.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.