Norma,
Welcome!- my Father is currently in the middle of treatments(chemo/radiation). I have found this website/forum to be invaluable during this process. I have read that the weeks after treatment ends can be tough. At this point we are just trying to get my Father to that point and think we will deal with everything as it comes. Since you are a cancer survivor yourself you know the best advice is to take it one day at a time. Of course this is always easier said than done. Blessings to you and your family in dealing with this horrible disease and total congrats!! to you on being a survivor!

Caregiver to Father:Stage III unknown primary; modified left side neck dissection 2/2006; 8 wk trmts of Erbitux 3/2006 with-37 radition treatments; 11.2010; biopsy of base of tongue results questionable. 9.2013 tumor on left side of tongue; squamous cell cancer. 10.2.2013 Hemiglossectomy(1/2 tongue removed) with reconstruct tongue using left thigh tissue;surgery included IORT.
25 additional IMRT radiation trtmts & 5 wks/chemo. Carbo & Taxol combo.NPO;100% PEG depend;aspiration pneumonia 3/2014