Hello Laurac, sorry to hear your biopsy results. I had a similar SCC tumor on the left side toward the back of the tongue, I also am a non-smoker, healthy, non drinker (not idea how I got it); I'm not sure what oral surgeons can do or not do but I went directly to an Oncologist and ENT surgical team that put together a treatment plan . You might already be set up that way but you didn't mention anybody else but the oral surgeon, I went to a Dept. of Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery); they specialize in removing cancerous oral tumors and are trained in robotics if needed. With mine located toward the back of the tongue they couldn't even do robotics so they had to split my jaw open to get to the tumor. It wasn't pretty but the healing part and scars are getting harder to see . Mine was done Aug 17 this year, and yes I had the forearm reconstruction to rebuild the tongue. I'm still very early in my treatment, I'm at # 19 out 33 radiation and # 4 out of 6 on chemo . Its been tough but manageable . I don't pray much but this time I have been, pretty much every day. It helps keep my spirits in check and I am hoping someday it will pass. The more you read on this forum the better prepared mentally you'll be on what to expect. There is some great information from others that can help you start your journey.