Hello all!

My name is Jamie Covelli and this is my first support group. I am currently 32 and just finished my third surgery for Squamous Cell Carcinoma. My first surgery was in September 2019 and six months later my second one took place February 2020. While working with my providers and unknown to the cause of how I got this, I have continued to navigate through this disease and learn more about it. Within the last six months I was also diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis. The last three years have definitely been challenging with health and rolling through life. I recently found my new spot (thankfully pre) which caused me to have my third surgery about three weeks ago now! The same week would have been my 2.5 year anniversary marker and actually closed on my first house on my anniversary.

For the most part I am your typical 32 year old. Enjoy spending time with family, friends, being a super aunt to my nieces and nephews! They are my world! I’m a full time Medical Assistant for a larger healthcare organization in WI. With my health changing from being a healthy kid to slowly becoming sicker it definitely has brought many mixed emotions. This time around two years later has been a bit more challenging. Learning to navigate through a new chapter in life of being a homeowner and being able to balance my health issues, life life and make as many memories as I can. I’m looking forward to learning and growing insight with this group and connect with fellow cancer survivors and current battlers like myself. I am also curious to see if any of you have had autoimmune diseases since you have had your cancer.

Look forward to learning and growing with you all! smile

Take Care!

Jamie Covelli