I’m meeting with Oral Surg. and Pre-Anes. (whatever that means) today who I think will be the one doing a possible Reconstructive Surg. and to discuss result from head/neck CT scan, to discuss what “The Plan” will be moving forward now. Any suggestions what are important questions to ask- I’m going alone (have no one to accompany me to this appt.- wish I had someone that’s gone through this already or at least in the medical field) and feel like it’s just going to be so overwhelming and I’m just going to shut down, forget what to ask, etc. The appts. already seem rushed and it’s so important that I ask the right questions and make the right decisions at this juncture moving forward, so I need to streamline this as much as possible at this appt.moving forward.

Started off with tongue lesion 4 months ago, got it biopsied a few months later (don’t know how I got this- I’m pretty healthy, non-smoker, rare drinker). Newly diagnosed squamous cell carcinoma- lateral back of tongue on one side. Had CT scan. Meeting with oral surgeon in a few days to hear results and go over the plan. Wish I had someone to go with me to help me take it all in!