Hi All, just joined the forum. My husband had a partial glossectomy on April 13th with multiple problems - two episodes of significant post-surgery bleeding and brain swelling. Tumor was T2N0M0, moderately differentiated, tumor depth of 8 mm. He has now recovered and eating well. Since surgery we've received three different medical opinions as to follow-up treatment and don't know what do to. 1) Elective lymph node dissection of Levels I to III on side of neck where tumor existed, biopsy the nodes for microscopic cancer, followed by radiation to tongue; radiation to neck would be considered if any cancer found in the nodes 2) do nothing further, take a wait and see approach 3) no lymph node dissection but radiate the tongue and both sides of the neck.

The tumor surgeon went after close margins - only 2 mm, but margins were clean, no neural invasion. However, 3rd opinion doctor said she should have went after 5 mm margins. Does anyone have advice? We have an appointment with his internist in two weeks to discuss the three opinions. He is 56 with significant heart problems - two years ago had aortic valve replaced, single coronary bypass, an ablation and correction of an aortic root aneurysm. He also has COPD. I think two of the doctors are concerned about complications from the dissection given he had problems with the glossectomy.

I've read everything I can on here about diagnosis and treatment. Just at a loss at this point.

Thanks.