After 17 years and 2 cancer surgeries I was rediagnosed and had removal surgery Jan 5

My swallowing apparatus will never be functional

I will be permitted to wet my mouth to remove all that gunk but that’s it for mouth involvement in my life.

All eating and drinking will be by Pegg. The hospital here is very hard line about what is put in the peg tube, how it is administered and correct liquidity.

This has been a hell of a ride. I ended up in icu for a few days because treach malfunctioned - code blue - corrected but no one is in love with corrections.

Surgeon has PROMISES ME IT WILL BE GONE IN A WEEK

HELP HELP AND HELP. EQUIPMENT, food ideas/ preparation, equipment needed, etc etc

Still very cold in Canada but fear seems unending

Good to talk to you Brian

Donna Butcher. - Pandora 99

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)