Today I went to my 1st surgical oncology consultation. Not sure I was "that" impressed with this surgical ENT. He is not associated with any oncology group.. According to him, I have caught this very early. Simple in and out surgery and 2 weeks of recovery. If pathology comes back with any "unknowns" there is a chance I might need another surgery. All a bit scarey. He said no MRI or PET Scan needed....so I took his card and said I would get back to them. I have a 2nd opinion surgical consult with a Dr at Massey Cancer Center on Mon 25th. This is a "Comprehensive Cancer Center" here in Virginia. It would be nice if it were as simple as 1 surgery and done, but that's why I am getting a 2nd opinion. My husband, while not trying to sway me, thought this Doc was on the ball, does about 1 or 2 surgeries of this"type" a week. I just think ANYTHING called Cancer should have a thorough workup (1 punch biopsy and 1 CT scan is all I have had). Am I being too picky or maybe just more "aware" of things that can go wrong.