My radiation treatments ended in early January, 2019 after a Glossectomy which took about 1/3 of my tongue. I had so much mouth pain that it took me some time to see a dentist. I decided that he might be able to help me with the continuous outbreaks of sores I was experiencing. This dentist was recommended as he works with the after affects of oral cancers. I learned that radiation shrunk my mouth and cheeks with made it very difficult to clean. I have to go in every three months. I had been biting my cheeks in the back so I asked him if he could pull the wisdom tooth and he said he couldn't pull any teeth because it wouldn't heal. I am confused because I see people saying they have had teeth pulled and, I'm not sure what happens since my understanding is that radiation damages the bone structure. I'm also seeing a lot of people saying their teeth are cracking or falling out and I'm wondering if I have that to look forward to in my future. My gums have receded quite a bit to where the bottoms of my crowns are exposed. He's trying to figure out what to do because he said the tray to take molds won't even fit in my mouth now. I'm new to this site and would appreciate hearing anyone else's experience with their dental work.