Hi everyone. My name is Quinton all my friends call me Jones . Jones is my surname. I.am a 37 year old Caucasian male and I was diagnosed with SCC on the lower lip. It is stage 3 or 4 im not sure but has not spread beyond my lower lip and upper chin . I have just had surgery two weeks ago . Exact date 28th of June 2021. I start reconstruction surgery tomorrow after they decide how or with what they are going to reconstruct the missing part with. I have a phot on my profile that shows how I look today 2 weeks after the tumor was removed . I am so frightened as to how the final result is going be and how it is going to affect me. I am a servant and I need to talk and not just talk but talk clearly. I know its a small price to pay and I am grateful that the cancer is cut out but I am still very afraid . I am not afraid to say I am afraid. What I actually want to know is if their is anybody with experience that can take a look at how I look and be honest with me so I can prepare myself of the outcome. Thank you for reading my story and my respect to all medical staff helping people like us that fear the unknown. Kind Regards Jones.

I'm a 37 year old Caucasian male. I have been diagnosed with stage 3or4 SCC on the lower lip. It all started about 4 years ago as a small blister on my lip. I have recently just had surgery and am positive it has all been removed . I now sit with anxiety as they have to start reconstruction of my lower lip. I'm a servant so talking is one of my most important daily tasks and I am so afraid that I will mumble for the rest of my life . Surgery was performed on the 28 th of June 2021