Update

No spread outside the original tumor.

Started immunotherapy plus a drug in trial that use meant to boost the body's response to the immunotherapy.

I've had 2 doses, but shortly before the second dose a bump appeared on my neck, then broke open. Last Friday my right eyelid started drooping to the point that it is interfering with my eyesight.

An MRI was done that doesn't show why my eyelid is drooping and shows slow progression along with confirming the neck lesson is connected to the original tumor.

My doctor presented my case to his peers at UCSF yesterday and we're going to talk about how to move forward today.

He said he might recommend switching to standard of care, which is chemo (plus immunotherapy?).

With the side effects I've had from the immunotherapy (so tired I can no longer work, hike, or do the other things that make life worthwhile for me) I'm hesitant to start chemo and will discuss stopping treatment to enjoy the time I have left rather than prolong a life spent dealing with side effects and hating the fact that I can't do the things I love anymore.

I'm not sure what will be decided. My next infusion appointment is a week out, so I'll discuss with my fiance. Blah, it's all just so surreal...