Hi! So I received a diagnosis of oral squamous cell carcinoma early November. I just had surgery (partial right glossectomy and neck dissection) on January 7th. The pathology showed that my lymph nodes are affected so I’ll be starting radiation treatment soon. (I have a consult with the radiation oncologist this Tuesday).
Physically I feel okay given it’s a little over 2 weeks since the surgery. I still have some numbness and pain in my tongue and eating some foods is still a chore. I also have some minor lymphedema swelling under my chin. (I’m due to go back to work on Monday and I’m a little nervous because I’m still tired).

Emotionally I’m all over the place. At times I’m numb and feel like I’m watching all of this happen to someone else. Other times I’m a ball on anxiety because I have no idea what to expect from radiation and outcome etc. I’m angry because I smoked for years and know that caused this.
Anyway my surgeons PA actually directed me to this group. Just hoping to get some support.

I spent all my wishes, wishing times were good. When I still could.