I had a lump on my gum for about 2 months before seeing a dentist, because of other health issues. The dentist diagnosed an abscess and gave me antibiotics.
After 2 weeks the lump / abscess was more painful so saw dentist again. Dentist still diagnosed it as an abscess, drained it and gave more antibiotics and arranged to remove wisdom tooth which was done 3 weeks later. The incisions from the draining didn't heal and it became even more painful.
It's now 4 weeks after the wisdom tooth was removed and the incisions plus abscess / lump are still not healing. Since removing the wisdom tooth a large soft white lump has appeared in the gum where the tooth was, and it connects to the lump / abscess.
The dentist has now taken a biopsy and has suggested a deep cleaning but I'm not sure if that's a good idea without the results of the biopsy. They said the lump was now suspect, and probably not an abscess but they couldn't tell me what the new white lump was, and I'm a bit worried that they lack knowledge. Seriously worried and wondering if I should find another dentist?

ETA - I'm 50s, never smoked, drank a bit as a youngster but max. 1 bottle of wine a week these days, and often less.

Last edited by Alex123; 11-20-2020 11:21 AM.