I am post treatment almost 2 years. About a year after radiation ended, my teeth began to stain badly at the jawline. The dentist said it was rapid decay as a result of the radiation. The radiatio oncologist never advised this could be a post treatment problem. I am 64 and had perfect teeth, never a cavity.

About a week ago i lost most of a tooth and part of another has broken off. Dentist warned me I would have to have teeth removed and get dentures.

Is it dangerous to have my teeth removed? Should I just let them fall out naturally I look like a meth addict?

Has anyone been successful in getting medicare to cover after radiation? I talked to Medicare and they said if the surgeon said there was a medical reason for the removal it would be covered.

Im sick of cancer continuing to be such a major part of my life. Dont get me wrong -- I'm so grateful to be alive. I have come to grips with my major speech impediment and my inability to eat many food (i cant taste much anyway). But I want to be proactive and get this issue behind me.

MrsDranchak