Hi Andy,
Well done for getting through rads!
I finished mine on Halloween last year, so 9 months ago. My taste is pretty good, but I'm still finding things are taking their sweet time. The return of taste does depend on each person, so there is no set time frame in which it happens. I find there are some days I can't taste what I could before, and other days the taste is a lot stronger than the day before.

Your best bet is to give yourself a break and then try again. Milkshakes do rock! Are you using Ensure at all? I would pour some coffee (or cold brew coffee overnight in the fridge) and add it to vanilla Ensure to give me a different taste. I was also on Ensure Juice Plus and discovered that if I mixed different flavours together, I could create new flavours ( Vanilla Ensure Plus + Lime Ensure Juice Plus blended with a couple of ginger biscuits, some milk and some ice made Key lime pie. Chocolate Ensure + Orange Ensure Juice blended with Hershey's syrup, milk and ice gave me choc orange)

If you like cheese, you can make a quick cheese sauce by melting down soft cheese, milk, half a teaspoon of Dijon or wholegrain mustard, salt and pepper together. You can add grated cheese of your choice, but if you're struggling with flavour then I suggest going for a mature or extra mature/strong cheddar cheese or blue cheese to boost that flavour.

With gravy or meaty sauces, I discovered adding in some pate and a yeast extract into them works really well in boosting flavours. I've also started growing my own herbs. I currently have mint and chives growing in pots in my garden. Those finely chopped up and added to sauces, gravies, butters and vegetables are a game changer. Plus you have control over how much or how little you put.

I hope these help you.

F 39 x-smoker no alcohol
05/20/19 T4aN1/N2bM0 SCC a whopper of a tumour at 8cm long & 4cm wide
Pembro pre & post surgery
RIG
Glossectomy ND RFFR 08/13/19
RT x33
2x cispltin
So far, no evidence of disease
Now an author of a recipe book for mouth cancer patients