After reading this post, I am now a bit more familiar with your bravery and strength. I am glad you responded to my message because you are definitely the best energy to connect with when there is a down turn or otherwise. You have done well to conquer the monster that haunts us all here...CA plays no favorites and it is up to each one of us to circumvent its nasty, unfair tactics.
I too was always said to need to lose weight. I did my best to exercise and continue to do so for overall health and well being, well into my adult years. The time following my treatment I was unable to gain the weight the doctors' said I should since I did not have a peg and dropped about 25-30 pounds. At this point, I have returned to the upper end of my weight allowance for my height and build. I'd rather enjoy the food for knowing how awful it was when I could not do so. It all comes back, taste, weight, ability to enjoy...etc. I drink a great deal with meals as well. I like the way you add that your kidneys are happy for it.
Be well and thank you for your positive, caring nature.
Nona Chris

63 years old
Nona to Alora, Emery, Ilyana, Harper, Nolan, & Rory. Yogini since 2012. Namaste.

Diagnosed 10/5/20 Oral Cancer/ RT side of tongue SCC Stage I Partial Glossectomy 10/23/20 Right Neck Dissection 12/4/20 Clear Nodes
BOT SCC 1/18/11 Stage IV N3 M0 HPV+ Port2/18/11
Treatment start 2/22
CISplatin 2rnds, Rads:35 treatments
July 12 doctors' deemed me cancer free-port out July 18.
Non-smoker, was a light-drinker No drinking since diagnosis