Hello. My name is Lisa. I have SCC of the lip. I had a tumor the size of a golf ball on my lower lip. I had a lip resection, lip reconstruction and a modified neck dissection. I am currently undergoing radiation. I just finished day 8, 22 more to go. I live alone. I have a support group of friends that we have a group text and we doing a weekly video call. It has been quite the challenge during the pandemic here in Los Angeles, to say the least. I started getting the side effect three days ago of slightly dry mouth, neck is swollen that my mask didn't it yesterday, it feels like I have 500 brand new turtle neck tops on. Swallowing is difficult. Sometimes I my windpipe closes and I have gasp for air. I started a cough and I have a very raspy voice...and it's not a sexy raspy voice. LOL. I have been getting a mild-moderate fever about 1-2 hours after treatment..but usually gone by the next day mid morning. This concerns me during this pandemic. I came to this group because I want to hear about others journeys. And if I can help someone else in he process...bonus!

Lip Cancer
Stage 3
T2 N0
Lip resection, reconstruction
Modified Neck Dissection
30 radiation treatments (last day 9/11)
Starting Physical Therapy on my neck
Barium Swallow Test after Thanksgiving
1st post op PET scan scheduled for beginning of December
Going thru it physically alone during the pandemic 2020