A few months ago, I was diagnosed with Stage 4 tongue cancer, then within a few weeks I was off work and getting daily radiation and weekly chemo treatments, which went on for seven weeks / 35 radiation sessions. I finished the treatments May 15. I'll find out from the PET scan in a few months just what if any cancer remains.

I'm joining now because I've been on all-liquid diet for most of this treatment due to mucositis, and even drinking liquids is very painful for me. My doctor has been trying all this different pain relief stuff, and my head is spinning from it all. Most recently, he has me using Fentanyl spray for "breakthrough" cancer pain. However, this has not worked well IMO, and I wanted to see what other people were doing about pain and, in particular, if any were using Fentanyl spray and, if so, how that was going for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2/26/20 (est): dx Stage IV squamous cell tongue cancer, inoperable due to size / spread into lymph nodes
3/26/20 - 5/15/20 (est.): chemotherapy (7) & radiation (35) treatments (outpatient, San Fernando Valley, CA)
5/16/20 - present: post-treatment recovery awaiting PET Scan 12 weeks post-treatment (early August?) to assess cancer presence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~