Hello Everyone,

I was diagnosed P16+ Squamous cell carcinoma in both tonsils and 2 lymph nodes in May 2019. After a radical neck dissection, tonsillectomy, 5 rounds of chemo, 33 radiation sessions and four and a half months on a feeding tube, I'm feeling great! I had my 12 week PET scan in November and was given the all clear. The PET did show low level activity in the left pulmonary apex which the doctors attributed to inflammatory changes resulting from radiation therapy. As a precaution they scheduled a followup CT scan which took place on Tuesday of this week. I'm scheduled to see the Dr about results next Friday, Feb 28th 2020.

It's been a long time since I've felt this good and expect everything will be normal on the CT. Had the feeding tube removed on November 25th 2019. I've been back to work since December 2nd. I started going to the gym a couple of weeks ago and hope to someday put this behind me. It has been a tough... really tough battle. My recovery was faster than some that I've talked to but it sometimes seemed like I would never taste food again or sleep through the night without waking up to drink.

I'm 6 months post treatment yesterday. I wouldn’t say I’m one hundred percent but I’m closer to one hundred percent than I thought I’d ever be just a few months ago, so that’s great. If you are going through treatments and would like to hear about what worked for me and could be helpful to you as well, let me know.

Everyone is unique and reacts to treatments and recovery differently but with several people I've read about there are many similarities. I hope this can help and give hope for a speedy recovery to anyone dealing with this horrible disease.

Dave

Dave

SCC May 2019
Both tonsils metastatic to 2 lymph nodes
Stage T1,N1,M0 age 50
Radical Neck Dissection and Tonsillectomy
5x Erbitux- 33 IMRT end 8/13/19
Clear PET 11/19
Feeling better every day!