Hey Sandy,
When you reply to a thread if you see under the post icons there is a section called post options, there is a little box that says Add this to my Followed Threads. If you check the box then you will receive notification that someone has replied.

With oral cancer, any surgeries in the mouth can compromise saliva production. We have to ensure that our mouths are incredibly clean because the saliva we now produce isn't of the same quality that we once had before. Radiotheraphy just adds to this issue. I am not sure if the smell and taste will change back once my RT is finished, I hope it does.

You've had 20 fractions of RT, that's 4 weeks worth, I'm sorry your symptons appeared earlier. The 6th week was tough for me and, like you, I am not looking forward to my final week. I am tired and my mouth is very sore, but it's my final week and then it is done. I've been told that the symptons will continue for around 2 or 3 weeks post RT, so be prepared. At least there will be no more RT.

I've found that regular intake of paracetomal has helped ease the pain, plus rinsing with warm water that has baking soda and salt (if you can manage that). If you have magic mouthwash then use it. I'm drinking ice water as it cools my sore throat down. My only nutrition is Ensure plus, some days my mouth has been so sore that it goes through my G-tube.

I've stopped doing most of my speech therapy excercises due to my mouth being too sore and loosing my voice for 3 days, so it seemed a little pointless.

It does sound like you're having a tough time, have you got anyone close by that can help you?

F 39 x-smoker no alcohol
05/20/19 T4aN1/N2bM0 SCC a whopper of a tumour at 8cm long & 4cm wide
Pembro pre & post surgery
RIG
Glossectomy ND RFFR 08/13/19
RT x33
2x cispltin
So far, no evidence of disease
Now an author of a recipe book for mouth cancer patients