I was in a bad rehab center, which actually has good food and physical therapy, but my female aide decided to be abusive, and I wasn’t having that non-sense, so everyday was a battle! I should have reported her, but I thought I would win her over, but for whatever reason, you can’t change prejudices, and bad behavior overnight!

Anyway, I was in the rehab canter when my leg wound from the hip surgery opened and was bleeding. I was taken to the hospital ER, and 6 hours later, I saw the othopedic surgeon who gave an all clear, so about 8 hours later o returned to the nursing home. It was a mixture of blood and wound drainage.

The following day, when they transferred me to a wheelchair, and was waiting for physical therapy to pick me up, which wasn’t going to happen for another hour lol, I vomited, and out comes a big blood clot, which never happened before, and I was immediately brought back to ny bed where the doctor decided to call 911!

They kept me in the hospital, and needed 4 blood transfusions. Someone decided to put me in the
exclusive heart unit (yay) where it’s one on one care with a registered nurse. I couldn’t eat for a few day until an endoscopy was done a few days later to give me time to come off the blood thinners. The endoscopy came back all clear, so they were perplexed where the bleeding came from?

At the same time, my leg wound decided not to heal properly, so on Monday, I’m scheduled for a wound cleansing procedure in the OR. It’s been over a month, and the leg wound hasn’t healed!

My hematologist/oncologist team visit me daily! To overseen my care, but right now I can’t go to an outside radiology center to have a PET scan done!

I’m also being followed by infectious disease doctors who are a wonder father and daughter team. I saw the father 10 years ago when I first became sick, but now with his daughter who only sees in patients, the care is excellent, especially the daughter who doesn’t miss a trick!

So that’s about it, and as far as anyone knows I’m still cancer free as of January, 2019! I hope to post as often as I can!

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI
12/13 25 Protons 50Gy 6 Wks Carbo