Welcome to OCF, Martin! Im glad you have found our group! Sounds to me like you have done extremely well with everything you have gone thru. The recovery phase as you already know is NOT easy at all. It does take a full 2 years to have a complete recovery. We've had a few members over the years who have reported noticeable improvements with their sense of taste and saliva production happening after the 2nd year anniversary of finishing rads. I hope you are one of the few who see the extra improvements!!!

As far as insurance questions go, not sure how helpful we can be about those things. Theres soooo many out there with dramatic differences within a state from going county to county. Oral cancer (OC) has so many components we need to learn about which can be overwhelming for many patients and caregivers. Most of us get a crash course when diagnosed with a serious illness we've never heard of. I know back in 2007, I was completely ignorant of every single thing to do with OC, all of it when I was diagnosed. Boy did I learn!!! Anyway, dont worry you are in the right place for help, we will always try to help everyone as much as possible.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma