Need some advice. This all started at the end of March I found an irritated area on the back left side of my tongue. Couldnt see any lesion but felt like a small swollen bump. I went to the local oral surgeon who said it was probably nothing and couldnt even see where I was feeling the lump but would take it out anyways for peice of mind. When I went in for the surgery I had my wisdom teeth out the same day. Before he knocked me out he burned the area to mark where he would cut. Once he started to cut he found red inflamed tissue and scraped it all out all the way to the very back. I'd say about 3/4 of an inch. 3 stitches. He told me he thought it was an infection. Biopsy results came back fine no cancer. For 7 weeks the biopsy area did not heal all the way and the scarring was stiff and would sting, burn, and ache when talking and eating. Concerned I went to an ENT. He could see where the tongue was irritated evident by a bump that felt like scar tissue and reddened tissue next to it. He took another biopsy this Time a punch biopsy and had a ct scan was done. Punch biopsy showed fibrous scar tissue and the Ct of neck and mouth was completely normal. He says hes 99% sure this is not cancer but does not know why it still is bothering me. 4 weeks after my second biopsy the area still hurts 2/10 on pain scale. Looks healed but can definitely see where all the tissue has been taken. Should I ignore the pain and just live with it? The area is still irritated. Is it normal after a biopsy for scar tissue to easily become sore and sting and burn? I have another appt with the doc 3 months post biopsy to make sure everything looks good. I can live with the pain but not knowing why ie much harder to deal with. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!