Hello Gigi, sorry that you too have need of this site. As Paul states most unidentified HPV primary's are eventually found either at the Base of the tongue or in the tonsillar crypts. You are at one of the best places for treatments . Trust your team.
HPV is an indolent virus. Most of us get this virus in adolescence or our early twenties. Most of us clear the virus within 2 years. Only a very small percentage of people do not clear the virus and in a small percent of these people, a cancer will develop over the next 20-40 years. You see, it takes years for a cancer to develop. It isn't caused by a recent infection. My husband of 37 years had the HPV cancer - base of tongue. I don't care where he got it. Did I give it to him? Who knows. It doesn't matter. It was so long ago.
I do though tell everyone to ensure that all their young, Girls and Boys are vaccinated against this disease.
I wish you guys well with treatments.
Tammy

Caregiver/advocate to Husband Kris age 59@ diagnosis
DX Dec '10 SCC BOT T4aN2bM0 HPV+ve.Cisplatin x3 35 IMRT.
PET 6/11 clear.
R) level 2-4 neck dissection 8/1/11 to remove residual node - necrotic with NED
Feb '12 Ca back.. 3/8/12 total glossectomy/laryngectomy/bilat neck dissection/partial pharyngectomy etc. clear margins. All nodes negative for disease. PEG in.
March 2017 - 5 years disease free. Woohoo!