Hi Bonita!

Not much really, but probably the biggest positive thing I did was to discover my own cancer all except for one, around 7, which I immediately brought to my oncologist and or surgeons attention. Once, and I don’t reccoment it, is that I wanted to bypass all the delay, and scheduled my own fine needle aspiration biopsy with my pathologists. That cancer was positive, so I had to go to my doctors to tell them. I guess they were puzzled cause I had like 10 doctors some not associated with each other, so no questions were asked.

The other is to have scheduled follow-up visits, where they’ll do palpable exams, scopes and scans like a PET, CT, MRI...I must have had about 35 scans, mostly PET scans. I had so many doctors to follow-up with that it took maybe one or two a week. It still does, but down to a lesser amount being a few doctors moved, but it’s still a lot.

I try to follow all their directives. Mostjy these days being i’m 10 years, but just cleared, it’s side effects from treatment such as neuropathy, dry mouth to a lesser degree, etc.

I haven’t really found any preventive strategies except to get enough sleep, try to eat right and see my doctors. I haven’t really found any secret potions. There is some talk, and guess trials, with Japanese teas, some type Japanese mushroom, but nothing sound.

There was trials with a drug, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor i was gonna do with my oncologist until they said it didn’t work. I forget the name off hand, but it was with a doctor in Atlanta, Emory University, who’s has in his backgrounds chemoprevention work. It’s something like Dr. Mung Doon Sheen. I killed it on the spelling though.

https://winshipcancer.emory.edu/bios/faculty/shin-dong-moon.html

Dr Shin Dong Moon

I took advantage of not mentioning not smoking, even alcohol for that matter, as they now say, it’s a negative impact on health too, besides a certain amount that may cause cancer, they say even alcohol in mouth wash as I believe Colgate was in a lawsuit in Australia, in addition, poor mouth care and hygene.

To add, you may find more under the term “Chemoprevention.” This is a medical term used, which is about helping prevent recurrences, such as with smoking, etc. and getting the body back to working order before treatment.

Good luck

Last edited by PaulB; 05-22-2019 10:57 AM. Reason: Dr Shin Dong Moon

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph