Hi fellow OC patients,

Yesterday, I got the call-- that the Pathology reports from my double surgery on April 11th, showed the fast growing Oral Tumor to be a relapse:

Invasive squamous cell carcinoma with Deep Positive Margins.

They've ordered a CT scan with contrast for Tomorrow, because we suspect this new tumor extends down into my Mandible bone, again.. My surgeon needs the CT results to guide his next surgery. We are going after it!

The second medium-sized the pre-malignant lesion in left Piriform Fossa, is still in Moderate dysplasia. My second surgeon hit it with Laser surgery and is already setting up my next one for that...

The new SCC invasive tumor takes precedence, but I have a problem-- right now I'm being treated for Pneumonia.
Chest X Ray showed it, and the Sputum culture I submitted grew out E. Coli.
E. Coli in my lungs??? Yes, they think I may have aspirated my stomach contents, or that it developed after being on mechanical Ventilator for surgeries ( I have had So Many surgeries & procedures !!)I

So, I must get this pneumonia cleared up, so I can withstand an even bigger surgery. It may involve bone grafts, etc.

It's Chilling, to get the word that one's Invasive cancer is back, with deep Positive Margins just one year post Radiation treatments.

But I'm standing here, ready to go another Round.
All 75 pounds of me.

Crystal

Last edited by Crystal J; 04-23-2019 09:04 AM.