I think at this point I've been gone from the forum since about 2013. I'm no longer Miss Bazinet but rather Mrs. Puetz (Pronounced Pitts). I have since married the man who was with me throughout my entire cancer diagnosis and treatment. We have 2 adorable rescue pups and we are still in Phoenix. I've continued to crusade for oral cancer advocacy and raise awareness and money for OCF.

I stopped going to the practice of my original dentist and oral surgeon about a year ago after some changes as I wasn't happy with the level of care and treatment. I started seeing a gentleman who is a friend of my husband who recently opened his own practice. His hygienist seemed to know quite a bit about oral cancer, more than some I've met in the past. Here's where things get a little hairy...

I went in for my routine cleaning yesterday, second time at this practice. My old dentists office told the new office they had a system crash and lost all of their patients records. (HOORAY!) At this point I can't remember the last time I had an x-ray done anyway. Well, yesterday's x-ray revealed 2 small dark spots on the left side of my lower mandible (the side where my cancer was in my tongue and lymph nodes) under a tooth on the jaw. There were 2 little dark spots, one on top of the other. Nothing else like it in any other part of my x-ray. He showed it to me of course and with my history wanted me to have it looked into. So I called my ENT today. Haven't seen that guy in years.. Which is a good thing! They're booked out a month (Best ENT in Arizona!) but he's going to fit me in next Friday, he wants to see me after what I told the receptionist. Dentist is going to send over the x-rays but of course here I am now staring the down barrel of a week and a half wait and a mental picture of that x-ray and wondering if I either have cancer again or if the bone in my jaw is eroding from radiation or.. or.. or..

Curious if anyone has any experience with something like this showing up on an x-ray. Trying not to freak myself out or play google doctor at this point..

Thanks! - Marie

Female, 37 yrs old,Non-Smoker/Social Drinker, HPV-
T3 N1 M0 SCC Dx 11-10-11
11-23-11 Left Hemiglossectomy
11-30-11 Modified Radical Neck Dissection
01-25-12 Removed another spot on BOT, skin graft (left thigh)
38 RADS Tx Finished April 13, 2012
Fall 2014 - HBOT due to wisdom teeth extraction post radiation