Hello,

I am returning for some advice. I have been worried about the possibility of oral cancer or pre malignancy since last year. I am a former drinker so I know the risk factor is there. I also just feel like something has not been right.

I had white patches removed from my throat that were diagnosed as chronic inflammation. I have had a few other things since then but they have not shown any significance of which I’m grateful.

I had decided to lay this fear to rest because nothing had ever shown any alerts and told myself that besides the throat stuff nothing stayed around which was good. However I developed a tiny white spot on my right lateral tongue in early January. It has been 8 weeks and this area has spread out to about 4x8 mm in one area and several patchy areas along the lateral line.

I guess I’m just wondering if pre malignant/cancerous processes move this fast? In the larger area it looks raised and exophytic. Also for it to be all at the lateral line some a little above some a little below?

I visited my dentist and although he didn’t see anything ominous he did refer me to an oral surgeon but that’s not until mid March.

Truthfully this has me scared to death. It is mentally challenging and taxing on me and with these white areas I’m just feeling at the end of my rope.